Sunday, April 1, 2012

Children's Corner: Duck! Rabbit!

Review: My daughter brought this clever book home with her a couple of weeks ago and I instantly loved it. I loved that we could discuss it by asking her what it was she saw and why she saw either a Duck or a Rabbit. I then told her what I saw and why I saw it. It was fun to hear both of us tell each other which animal we saw first.

The pages are all in blue, green and white and cleverly drawn. Each page is an discussion between two friends about why one thinks the animal is a duck and why the other thinks it is a rabbit.  I like how at the end they compromise and each see the others animal. My daughter gets a kick out of this book each time we read it. She likes to point out why it's a duck and why it's a rabbit. I just want to know how the author thought of this!

What's interesting is how people immediately see one or the other. I'm sure it has something to do with left brain, right brain thinking but don't quote me on that one. It's not a complex book and it's a book my daughter can read to me but it's good for a different view on things.

 Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Jenn said...

They read this at 'story time' at the library last spring. Not really conducive to lots of squirming kids. Kidlet and I should try it again by ourselves.

Julie said...

Yeah this book wouldn't lend itself well to a big group. It's more one on one or maybe two kids. :)